In-flight is a collection
to remember suspension; to practice disappearance; to travel without buying a ticket; to ask how language travels from one person to another; for when everything moves at a different pace; to fantasise about a space that doesn’t exist; for a story of escape; I started without a destination; meant for daydreamers; departing and travelling fast; in multiple languages; for when you are running away or running into.
In-flight is a collection of book pages with scenes set on an airplane. Each of the pages torn from books was edited into a facsimile flyer, reproducing (copying/faking/multiplying/betraying) the original ripped page. The project is ongoing and has, up to this point, flyers made from the pages of six books in four different languages:
- Flights by Olga Tokarczuk in English;
- Todos los Fuegos el Fuego by Julio Cortázar in Spanish;
- How Should a Person Be? by Sheila Heti in English;
- Angst vorm Fliegen by Erica Jong in German;
- Creme Fraiche by Suzanne Brøgger in Danish;
- Por Escrito by Elvira Vigna in Portuguese;
Four pages of the collection presented at the exhibition We Have Everything But That's All We Have. in Gallery Q, Copenhagen, 2024.
Were presented pages from the following books :
-Flights by Olga Tokarczuk;
-Either/Or by Elif Batuman;
-My Mother: Demonology by Kathy Acker;
- How Should a Person Be? by Sheila Heti;